Positive Futures Lincolnshire Community Sports Worker
- Location – Boston and Grantham
- Hours – Full time
- Salary – £21,530 – £23,698 Grade 6
Positive Futures is an innovative community sports project that aims to help young people avoid involvement in offending behaviour and substance misuse through positive activities and creating routes back into education, volunteering and employment.
Positive Futures are seeking to employ two members of staff on a one-year temporary contract, who will work from their Grantham & Boston sites, helping embed the Positive Futures model into local communities promoting Lincolnshire County Councils ethos of community empowerment.
The role is to engage young people aged 8 to 24 years in sports, physical activity and other positive activities and then using that engagement as a basis for broader social development.
Applicants should be suitably qualified, enthusiastic, energetic and community minded individuals to become part of the existing team in Lincolnshire.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the position, please contact Dave Sampher on 01522 550994.
All candidates are advised to read the job information pack prior to making an application.
A full job description can be found here.
National Citizen Service: Summer opportunities available
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a government-backed programme that combines outdoor adventure, skills-building and community volunteering to encourage 15-17 year olds to gain confidence and be the best they can be.
At the heart of NCS is the belief that young people can change the world around them if given the right tools. That’s why they need people like you to channel their energy and talent in one of the 170 paid roles we are recruiting for.
The support you will receive includes a comprehensive training scheme and the resources you need to excel within your role. Add the training to the experience you gain when on NCS presents mentors with an ideal opportunity to progress onto their chosen career path.
If you have a drive to lead and mentor young people or your CV needs a boost to help you gain employment then NCS could help.
The rewards of mentoring are endless, but include:
- CV development
- Referee for future employment
- Ongoing future opportunities with NCS
- Earn extra money during the holidays
- Experience of leading and managing young people
To apply for a mentor role please contact Alex Nightingale for more information.
Telephone: 01522 730 325 Ext 215
Mobile: 07940 937 689
Sports Coach at Inspire+
- Location – South West Lincolnshire
- Hours – self-employed part-time basis
- Salary – £20/hour
- Requirements – UKCC Level 2 sport award or gymnastics/dance equivalent
Sports charity Inspire+ are currently looking to increase their team of sports coaches who support local schools in South West Lincolnshire to achieve their teaching and coaching aspirations.
Sports coaches have the opportunity to deliver PE during curriculum and after-school sports clubs in both a Secondary and Primary school setting, as well as a chance to support school staff in becoming more confident and able.
There are also opportunities to coach during the school holidays through Inspire+ Olympic Sports Camps.
If you hold a UKCC level 2 sport award or gymnastics/dance equivalent and have the drive, commitment, dedication and enthusiasm to make a difference then Inspire+ would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to Vincent Brittain, Inspire+, Belton Lane Primary School, Green Lane, Grantham, NG31 9PP or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity informally please contact Vincent Brittain on 01476 578137.
To find out more about Inspire+ and the work the charity is involved in supporting schools with please visit our website www.inspireplus.org.uk
Self-employed Masters Coach at City of Lincoln Pentaqua Swimming Club
- Location – Lincoln area
- Salary – negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Hours – TBC (6hr coaching, 1hr admin), 48 weeks per year
Pentaqua Swimming Club is offering a unique opportunity to work with a thriving and increasingly successful squad of masters swimmers. Based in the Lincoln area, the successful applicant will work with Pentaqua’s internationally renowned head coach, Ian Turner, to develop a coaching programme that meets the needs of established competitive masters swimmers competing at local, regional and national level as well as those returning to the sport.
National Citizen Service Mentor
20 days including 2 x 4 night residential weeks
- Week 1 – Adventure Residential
- Week 2 – University Residential
- Week 3 & 4 – Community Based (30 hours per week)
11th July to 5th August 2016 (Monday to Friday each week)
- £450.00 – Social action mentor weeks 3&4 only.
- £1342 – Mentor weeks 1 to 4 including residential weeks 1&2
- £1850.00 – Lead Mentor weeks 1 to 4 including residential weeks 1&2
We work with a variety of partners including National Governing Bodies of Sport, local authorities, schools, Lincolnshire County Council, sports clubs and participants, to manage and coordinate programmes and events which encourage people to keep active. One programme we are in involved in is NCS, a government funded project that looks to develop young people and aid them to gain employment in the future.
To act as a mentor for young people (age 15-25) taking part in The National Citizen Service by directly leading and taking responsibility for them in groups, including on residential stays.
There is flexibility in relation to which weeks of the programme you wish to get involved in. If you want to take part in weeks 3-4 only. You can apply to become a social action mentor. You need to be involved in all 4 weeks to act as a mentor on the NCS programme.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and training.
Participants, in teams of 15, spend one week away from home at a residential centre engaging in outward bound and physical activities; they then spend one week in University type residence developing their key skills. These two phases do include unsociable working hours. In the third and fourth weeks young people design, research and implement a Social Action Project – something done to positively impact their local communities. The programme culminates with a graduation ceremony where groups showcase their achievements.
For an application pack, please contact Alex Nightingale (NCS Programme Lead) at Lincolnshire Sport by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone on 01522 730 325 Ext: 215.
Business Support Assistant
Part Time – 20 hours
Location – Lincolnshire Sport Partnership Office, Ingham
Salary – £15k pro rata
Lincolnshire Sport is looking for someone to work closely within the business team to provide administrative support and assistance across the business.
You will have particular responsibility for taking minutes at meetings, accurately type letters, documents, reports etc. maintain records, filing systems and updating the CRM system. A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel and Outlook and a customer service manner are essential. Ideally you will be flexible and organised in your approach and enjoy a busy and varied workload.
Closing Date – Monday 2 May 2016
Interviews – Scheduled w/c Monday 9 May 2016
For an application pack, please contact Lincolnshire Sport by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01522 730 325.
Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Tutor/Assessor/Verifier
We are looking for a Strength and Conditioning tutors/assessors/verifiers to deliver our 1st4Sport Level 1 award in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport qualifications. We are a 1st4Sport recognised centre and have experience of delivering these qualifications nationally.
- The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- the British Weight Lifters’ Association (BWLA) Instructors Award
- an Australian Strength and Conditioning (ASCA) Level 2 award
- be a UKSCA accredited strength and conditioning coach
- be a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS)
- or equivalent based on individual application
- a recognised teaching or tutoring qualification
- a minimum of one year’s experience of delivering training and education
- or equivalent based on individual application
Event Maker, Lincolnshire Sport
Purpose of the role
The role of the Lincolnshire Sport Event Maker is to support the event workforce to deliver a range of events throughout the year. These events will be both Lincolnshire Sport and partner led. Examples of events include Activities 4 All, Lincolnshire Show, Market Rasen 10k and Street Games. An Event Maker needs to be over the age of 18.
Lincolnshire Sport is looking to recruit volunteers who have:
- Initiative, ability to work with little direct supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide a positive experience of all participating
- Ability to work under pressure and provide good customer service
- Ability to travel across the county
- If required by the event; complete a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Become a Coach and Instructor Pro Member with Lincolnshire Sport
Lincolnshire Sport is looking for coaches who can deliver sports within a Primary school setting. We require lead coaches to deliver sessions across a number of different sports, within the Educational environment. Sign up to the Lincolnshire Coach and Instructor Network (CIN) and become a Pro Member to have:
- Opportunities to increase deployment through being seen as a quality deliverer as checks are completed by Lincolnshire Sport and endorsed by Lincolnshire County Council Children’s Services
- Coach observation and Personal Development Planning
- The opportunity to become a coach in a select group of coaches to be utilised by Lincolnshire Sport which can lead to possible opportunities for paid work
- Opportunities to link with Regional and National Partners
Lincolnshire Sport, works collaboratively with National Governing Bodies, Sport England and Sports Coach UK to ensure the following Minimum Standards for active Coaches are in place and/or coaches/instructors have the opportunity to achieve them.
All ‘Pro’ Members must have or be working towards;
- Minimum Level 2 Qualification (National Governing Body or Fitness related)
- Public Liability insurance
- Safeguarding Course Attendance
- First Aid
- Able to link sports sessions to National Curriculum Standards (through relevant training or experience)
- Fully DBS Checked (previously Enhanced CRB)
Contact email@example.com or call 01522 730 325 and ask for Rachel Belcher for more information.